The camp is located on the island of Ol Kokwe in Lake Baringo, one of the two fresh water lakes in the Rift Valley and one of Kenya’s premier places for bird watching. It is a luxury tented camp built on a hill offering a spectacular view of the lake. 208km north of Nairobi, in the Rift Valley, is where the camp is located. It takes 3 ½ – 4 hours by road from Nairobi or 1 ¼ hours by air. The airstrip is 5 minutes drive away to the camp. Island Camp offers an opportunity to escape from the hustles and bustles of life and a chance to enjoy the beauty and tranquility of the island.
- 24-hour electric power supplied by a generator
- Constant supply of water from the lake which is treated by ultra-violet and charcoal filters
- Wireless telephone and radio communication
- Swimming pool
- Room and housekeeping services
- Laundry service
- Local airstrip transfers
- Dining room that serves a 5-course dinner menu and light lunches
- Pool terrace
- Hippo lounge
- Boat and walking excursions
- Champagne breakfast
- Sundowners on Lesukut Island and Gibraltor rock
- Entertainment by traditional dancers
- Water sports
- Dinner barbeque by the pool side
- Culture walk
- Lake shore cruise
- Ol Kokwe Island cruise
- Bird walks
Accommodation in Island Camp Baringo is in luxury tents which have en suite bathrooms. The tents are either twin, double or triple for families visiting the camp. All tents are papyrus roofed and separated by green lawns and natural rockeries. The tents offer a spectacular view as they overlook the lake.
There are honeymoon suites that are much bigger and with beautiful décor offering that perfect place to spend as you get to know your partner, in a peaceful, quiet and romantic environment. The tents include a private veranda with its furniture, laundry services, room service and housekeeping.
There is a fully equipped conference room
adjacent to the swimming pool with a capacity of 30 delegates in boardroom
style and 60 delegates in theatre style.