Located in the heart of Kenya’s famous Maasai Mara, Keekorok, meaning motley abundance in the local Maasai language, is built on a choice 80 acres of land in an area of permanent springs and lush grassland.
Keekorok Lodge is erected in the direct path of the wildebeest migration and was the first lodge to be built in Maasai Mara. At the height of the migration, the lodge is surrounded by a large number of animals thus lowering the need of going on a game drive. The lodge offers spectacular views of the animals as they graze of the fresh grass that caused them to migrate from Serengeti National Park to the Mara.
While at Keekorok Lodge, one is likely to see elephants and buffalos on the perimeter of the grounds as there are no fences around the lodge. The chances of having a glimpse of the “Big Five” in Maasai Mara are heightened while at Keekorok Lodge because of its strategic location.
- Restaurant that serves a variety of traditional African, Asian and Western cuisine
- Bar that serves a collection of whiskies and cigars
- Coffee facilities serving freshly ground Kenyan coffee
- Laundry services
- Swimming pool
- Lounge where guests can sit in the evening around the log fire creating an opportunity to meet new people
- Guided game drives are offered from the lodge to the so famous Maasai Mara Reserve and the guides take pride in their intimate knowledge of the reserve in which they operate.
- Guided walks
- Balloon safari at an extra cost
- Cultural visit
Keekorok Lodge offers accommodation in stone-built bungalows and offers a total of 101 rooms with 89 doubles, 8 superiors and 4 suites. All the rooms have private balconies and en suite bathrooms. The rooms are graced with excellent interior décor with the use of cedar wood, pink and gray Sand River stone and other indigenous building materials offset the green lawns and colorful bougainvillea.
Baby sitting services are offered upon request.