Kilaguni Serena Safari lodge, the first lodge ever to be built in a national park, is located a short drive away from the Mtito Andei Gate within the Tsavo West National Park. The lodge lies 280km away from Nairobi which is a 3-hour safari. The lodge is also accessible by air having the airstrip being just a kilometer away. On prior notice, a meet and greet service is provided together with a transfer from the airstrip to the lodge.
The lodge sits on the lee side of Mount Kilimanjaro and sheltered by the volcanic splendor of Chyulu Hills. The stone-built lodge overlooks its own water hole frequented by elephants, buffalos, zebras and other game animals found on Tsavo West National Park.
- Rock-built bar overlooking the waterhole
- Viewing terrace overlooking the waterhole
- Thatched central dining area
- Dedicated bush dining area
- Swimming pool
- Gift shop
- Business centre
- 24-hour on-call medical services
- Conference facilities
- Wedding terrace
- Satellite TV in communal areas
- WiFi connectivity
- Massage and beauty parlor
- Ample secure parking
- Bush dinners
- Breakfast on Lion Rock
- Game drives
- Guided nature walks
- Bird watching safaris
- Visits to Akamba communities and watching their dance performances
- Board games
Kilaguni Serena Safari lodge has 56 standard rooms which include 5 Kilaguni suites all which are non-smoking. The rooms are accommodated either in a double storey block overlooking the waterhole or on a building dedicated to the selection of the luxury suites. All rooms enjoy views of the waterhole or the Chyulu Hills. In each room sits a king-sized bed or twin beds, all with mosquito curtaining, an en suite bathroom and a private veranda.
Baby sitting services are provided for as well as children menus.
Kilaguni Serena Safari lodge has its own conference facility that stands in landscaped gardens adjacent to the reception area. The facility comes with the following:
- Modern furniture which can be tailored to fit specifications
- PA system
- LCD overhead projector, podium, flip charts and marker pens
- Stationery for delegates
- 1-liter of mineral water per day per delegate
- Secretarial and photocopying services
- Stand-by generator