Red Elephant Safari Lodge is one of the lodges that borders the largest National Park in Kenya, Tsavo East, and is only a kilometer away from the main entrance gate. It got its name from the red soil in the area that gives the savannah a unique look and the elephants that dominate this area have red coated skin gotten from the red soil in the region.
Red Elephant Safari Lodge has been built with natural materials obtained from the area allowing it to fit into the environment where it stands.
- Safari bar with a variety of international brands and classic cocktails
- Swimming pool
- Restaurant serving an excellent mix of international and African cuisine
- Gift shop
- Game drives in the national park
- Bird watching
- Visit to the traditional Maasai village
- Visit to the D. Sheldrick Wildlife Trust to see the elephant orphans
Red Elephant Safari Lodge has 13 double rooms, 2 triple rooms and 4 bush houses. All the rooms are located at the 2 permanent building wings. Each room has a 4-poster bed with roll-down mosquito nets and en suite bathrooms with hot water, shower and toilet.
All the rooms are designed to give the traveler that home away from home feeling in the African bush.