Sangare Tented Camp
Sangare Camp is a spectacle that lies on a 6500-acre private ranch in the Northen foothills of the Aberdare Mountains in Central Kenya. The camp overlooks a magnificent fresh water lake and offers spectacular views across the vast savannah making Sangare one of the richest private wildlife sanctuaries. The terrain hosts elephants, buffaloes, zebras, giraffes, antelopes, leopards, warthogs and many more.
Sangare tented camp is located 166km north of Nairobi, 27km from Nyeri and 50km from Nanyuki. It takes up to 3hrs to get there by road from Nairobi.
- Main lounge and dining area that consists of a high thatch roof and overlooks Mount Sangare
- Snack bar available in the lounge throughout the day
- Terrace overlooking the beautiful lake
- Restaurant serving food made from pure organic vegetables and fruits grown in the garden
12 luxurious tents stand overlooking the magnificent lake against the backdrop of Sangare Hill in the camp. The tents are spacious providing all the comfort and relaxation needed. They are exquisitely furnished with 4 poster beds and African furniture. There is a private verandah for each tent with a lounge overlooking Sangare Lake. Every tent is designed to give the most breath taking view of the early morning sunrise against the lake.
The rooms have en suite bathrooms with flush toilet and shower and they are either a twin with two queen size beds or a double with a 4 poster king size bed.
- Sangare Ranch Day Game Drive
- Sangare Ranch Night Drive
- Aberdares National Park Game Drive
- Excursion to Solio Ranch
- Night Game Walk
- Horseback Riding
- Mountain Biking
- Boat Riding
- Mysterious River Rids
- Bird Walks
- Fly fishing
- ‘Mountain Peak’ Breakfast
- Bush Lunch
- BBQ Dinners at the famous Mau Mau Caves
- Traditional Dances
- Flower Farm visit
- Tea Farm visit